" The Art of Preserving Nature"
This picture just says Canada. The single Maple Leaf on white and red handmade paper... it doesn't get much more Canadian than that! This pressed Maple Leaf picture is a one-of-a-kind, unique piece of art handmade with love in the mountains of Canada. It works well on its own or even as a set of 3.
The Maple Leaf signifies "Modesty and Unity" in the historical language of Floriography.
• • • I T E M - D E S C R I P T I O N • • •
• They are all real Maple Leaves that we grow and harvest from our woodland garden in the Okanagan, BC.
• Each leaf is sealed with an Archival Varnish to preserve its individual colour.
• Silk Handmade paper is used as the background to leaf.
• Each piece is individually signed.
• Dimensions of the frame: approx 8"x8" - ¾" thick frame.
• Solid wood handcrafted frame. Finished with either black lacquer or walnut stain and clear lacquer. (Please choose)
• 2 ml glass
• Each piece features a back tag which identifies the botanical and its related meaning in the language of flowers. (Floriography)
• Sawtooth hook
• • • I M P O R T A N T - N O T E • • •
** Each picture is one-of-a-kind and no two pieces will ever be the exact same. This is due to nature's individuality. Several photos are posted so that you can see the variations and placement of the flowers. Please note that the picture you receive will look slightly different than the ones showcased here.
• • • O U R - P R O C E S S • • •
All of the botanicals are sourced from our gardens at Mabel Lake, BC Canada and the surrounding mountainous landscape. Each flower and leaf must be harvested at its peak to ensure the highest of quality. They are then pressed in a traditional flower press which includes herbarium papers. We do colour enhance the leaves by hand to protect them from fading. Each botanical is then carefully selected and artfully arranged onto a variety of handmade papers.
We use locally milled wood to handcraft a variety of frames. Each frame goes through a 5 step sanding process to ensure the highest of quality. It is then finished with a stain and/or lacquer to best suit the botanical artwork.
From our Gardens to your Home.
• • • F U N - F A C T • • •
A Maple leaf is on the coat of arms of Canada, and is on the Canadian flag. The maple is a common symbol of strength and endurance and has been chosen as the national tree of Canada. Maple leaves are traditionally an important part of Canadian Forces military regalia, for example the military rank insignia for generals use maple leaf symbols.
Processing time: Once we receive your order, it will take 3-6 business days for the item to be shipped out. We live in the Canadian mountains are have to drive 30 minutes into the closest town.